Black magic cake
- 1 Portion of the best German cake Cream:
- 3 ¼ cups milk
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons vanilla corn starch (or corn flour in which you will also add one vanilla)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Or 1 portion of pastry cream
- 10 tablespoons cherry (black) stewed fruit jam cherry marmalade or sour cherry stewed fruit jam
- 100 gr. couverture in pieces (optional)
Here we go!
- Prepare the cream: keep cup of the milk and dissolve the corn starch and sugar, and then put the rest on heat to boil.
- As soon as it starts boiling, add the dissolved corn starch and stir well until it sets.
- Add the butter, stir and cover with a transparent film to avoid a rind on top and let it cool naturally.
- Prepare the cake mixture according to the recipe; put it in a buttered and floured loaf pan, with no hole in the centre, 24-25 cm.
- Add jam or marmalade scoops here and there on top of the mixture.
- Do exactly the same thing with the cream (some cream can be left out, as there may be more ingredient than the one poured in the loaf pan).
- Sprinkle the couverture pieces here and there, randomly.
- Bake the cake in a pre-heated oven for about 50 minutes in 180 degrees.
- Once taken out of the oven, leave it for 10 minutes to cool and turn the loaf pan upside down, so as to serve in a platter.
A few more secrets
Be extra careful during baking; let it take its full baking time,
I believe 50 minutes are fine. Once you sink a knife blade inside a non-creamy part of the cake and the blade comes out clean,
then you know for sure it’s ready.This dessert becomes quite moist and remains this way until the following day.